So you know how I was working on the MLP pattern and said I hoped to have it roughly finished by the end of the week something like two months ago? Yeah, let’s not talk about that right now.
In news where I actually have progress to report, I’ve been through my extensive yarn stash since I’ve moved to my new place (there was… quite a bit) and I’ve managed to pare it down. And by that I mean free up more space to buy new yarn. >.> Yeah, you put those judge-y eyes away right now. But amongst all that yarn that I realized I would never use because I was clearly having an out-of-my-mind experience when I bought some of it I managed to find another three colors for my Tetris blanket! I’m only missing the cyan, which I’ll pick some up of along with more black soon. I haven’t really been working on the blanket because I’ve been busy with a commission for a coworker of mine. She’s supplied the yarn, I provide the labor and I think we’re going to bang out a price for me later. I’ve also finished up a baby hat for my friend who’s expecting in August. ^^ I was also commissioned by another coworker for some zill covers and a friend in her dance class saw them and wanted a set too. This is the first time I’ve actually made money from my work and it’s validating in a way I would never have expected.
I’ve got a little side pet project in the works as well for the Art Assignment in the form of a pretty big yarn bomb I’m planning. Pics to follow, promise.
I also haven’t actually forgotten about the Pony project and I did finish the neck and worked on the legs. I’m still ironing out kinks on the front legs and then I’ll move on to the back legs. I’m actually pretty close to done and it feels weird considering this has been an project I’ve intended to do for over a year now…At least since the end of season 2 so around 2-3 years I guess. Wow.