So all those Tetris squares I had finished? This is what they look like now.
I realized that if I wanted to use the zipper stitch to attach them together (which I do, it’s a very nice look), the edging I’d given them would get in the way. Why didn’t I just take off the edging? I did for a few of them, but most didn’t have enough end yarn to finish off the squares so I had to unravel them so I can rework them slightly better. Turns out this isn’t such a big deal for my poor Tetris blanket though. I miscalculated sizes because I thought Tetris boards have 12 cells across. Wrong, of course. Typical Tetris cells are 10×20. >.< My squares were thus much too small so now the squares ALL look like this.
In other news I finished the Art Assignment’s Intimate, Indispensible GIF. It’s a crocheted GIF (shocking, I know), but crochet really is important to me. I’ve also amassed some materials for Make A Rug. I don’t really have clothes that I can sacrifice to the cause I’ve started looking to collect old sheets and large blocks of unused fabrics. I really lucked out in that I met some wonderfully nice people when I went to a local Knit Night at the Temple Terrace Twisted Threads yarn store. It’s a wonderful yarn store that specializes in alternative yarns. There’s this one really soft yarn and when I asked about it I found out it was made blending plant fiber and milk protein! In my head the exchange was something like this:
Me: Wow, this yarn is nice. What’s it made from?
Store Owner: Oh, soy and milk.
Me: Milk?! No way!
Store Owner: Whey!
But only in my head because I live in a world of terrible puns. It is luscious by the way.
But I digress, while I was at the knit night I brought up the fact that I was doing the Art Assignment, but needed to amass some materials and a woman there mentioned that her church had a member’s only thrift store where they raised money for charity and collected material donations for the poor. A lot of the things they end up with are bought at estate sales and this includes boxes of random fabric pieces, usually pretty large ones. She asked if that would work and if so I could take what I wanted out of it. All in all I ended up with a huge mound of fabric. About half of it now looks like this!
It’s hard to see, but that pile of fabric has been cut into strips. And that’s only half!
And to wrap things up, here is my GIF. I’ll also be posting it to Square Peg, Round Hole, so apologies for cross posting.