So I actually had a post ready for yesterday complete with pictures taken, but it was late and I got distracted so long story short I didn’t end up actually posting anything at the time. Well, I’ve actually managed to get some crocheting done this week! I’m testing an adorable Kodama pattern by the talented AmiAmour.
I would have finished it sooner, but I realized as I was making some row counts that I had managed to miss a row or two and so I was kind of off. I could have completed it and it might have looked ok, but since this is a test pattern I wanted to make sure I was following the pattern exactly as it’s written (I’ve been down this road before with Skunki Brewster where I didn’t follow directions exactly and only realized after I’d finished and it didn’t look quite right.) Once I’d finished it up I realized what it really needed was a weighted body so I had to pick apart my finish to add a polybead bag.
I tell you truly there is little in this world that works better than using a piece of nylon tied off, just make sure not to stuff too firmly so you still have some flex. So obviously it’s all sewn up and just awaiting details before I write out my final report for feed back. I’ll be finishing it up tomorrow as well as heading to Fiber Art Inc to pick up that yarn I was supposed to go get on Friday. >.> Yeah, that didn’t happen.
I’ve got a busy day planned tomorrow, both with the crafting as well as getting stuff unpacked and cleaned up from my move. But since that’s more or less squared away: Yay for back to regular posting!
Until Monday all!