But I obviously can’t prep anything to save my life. Less than a week into the new posting schedule and I’m already messing it up. I missed a post last Friday and thought about posting Saturday, but by then it was Sunday so I figured I’d just wait until Monday anyway. Truthfully it was a really busy weekend of running around and looking at potential living spaces because my lease is up in February and I’ll be damned if I’m staying at my current complex a week more, much less a year. There was lots of disappointment all around for the most part, though a few promising options and I’ll be looking for more in the coming weeks. I wasn’t a total slacker this week because I did finish all the pieces to my jacket. (This is Red Heart Boutique Treasure in Portrait, by the by.)
Wooo! Now I just need to weave in all the ends and sew it together. I’m not terrified of f-ing it up at all! >.> The more realistic fear is that I’ve taken my sweet time with actually crocheting the damn thing and I’ve put on weight. I’m worried that I’m going to finish it up, it will look amazing and then it won’t fit me. ;_; That would be tragic.
In other news I definitely don’t have enough yarn for the Mew so I have to figure out what to do there and I’ll probably be hitting up a Michael’s this week to price out what I would need to finish it up. I’ll also be working out the written version of the pattern for some produce bags I made for my sister and I hope to post those on Friday as well.
So back in March I believe, I started the Happy Hooker Prepster Jacket. I liked the design, the pattern was pretty easy, and it was working up well. Bad news: I realize halfway up the back that I’ve underestimated my size! -_- Good news: I don’t have a finished sweater jacket that is too small to actually wear. Bad news: I still had to rip back what I’d done of the back and start over. So I frog and then do the back in the right size.
(I also did part of the left front!)
More bad news: I did both sleeves first in the original size so now they won’t match up properly and I have to rip them back and start over. Worse news: While I love the yarn I’m working with, Red Heart Boutique Treasure colorway Portrait, it’s a soft woolen yarn that’s fuzzy and makes beautiful stripes and is a bear to rip out. It’s not mohair, but it definitely takes patience.
(Update: I have finished frogging the sleeves and my fingers are so sore! But I did get to play with my new ball winder to wind everything back up! XD)
Worst news: I worked on it really steadily for a while then I set it aside so I could work on another project and have managed to completely forget which hook I was using. ARGH! I don’t feel like swatching again so I think I’m going to just pick up the one I think I was using and start the sleeves as a stand-in. I have to measure as I go anyway so I’ll just check the gauge then and make adjustments (i.e. frog EVERYTHING) as needed. The best part is the project I set the jacket aside for was the shawl that I had to rip back last month because I messed up that pattern too. I feel like I’m going more frogging than crochet lately. 😄 Well, it’s all part of the progress and speaking of processes I’m taking up spinning! I’ve decided on my first wool to try, I have the spindle, and I’ve got books. So far I haven’t been able to even get it started, but when I actually make something, and it will be a horrible something I’m sure, I’ll make sure to post about my failure.